Our Guild is part of the wider Church of Scotland Guild, a movement in which both women and men commit their lives to Jesus Christ and express their faith in worship, prayer and action. The theme for this year is Be Bold, Be Strong for the Lord your God is with you, and our programme of events is as follows:
- September 5th 7.30pm: Guest speaker: Jane Anderson presenting her trip to Vietnam.
- October 3rd 7.30pm: Open night – entertainment by the Anderson Singers plus supper of sandwiches and cakes. Everyone welcome.
- November 7th 2.00pm: Guest speaker Author Callum Christie – District Officer for Northern Rhodesia 1958 -1963.
- November 13th to 20th: National Guild Week Celebrations: Guild members presenting the Sunday Service at 9.30am on November 20th. A traditional Ceilidh, with music, dance, songs and poetry, at the Menzies Hall on Saturday November 19th at 7.00pm for all the community to enjoy.
- November 19th 10.00am to 12.00: Blythswood Shoe Box appeal collection point – Kirk Session House – includes tea and biscuits.
- December 5th 2.00pm: Guest speaker Barbara McLeod will be talking about a trip to the Holy Land.
- December 9th 10th 11th. 10am to 4pm Christmas Tree Festival in Fintry Kirk.
- December 11th: 6.30pm. Christmas Carols in the Kirk followed by Mince pies.
- January 16th: 4.30 for 5.00pm: High Tea at Culcreuch and guest speaker Rev Mark Johnston
New Members and visitors are always made welcome.
Chair: Pam Jackson
Secretary: Helen Robb
Treasurer: Anne Wright
Organist: Eileen White
Publicist: Margaret Strang
Support Chair: Rosie Walters